Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm addicted to blogs...

...but this might not be a typical blog style.

I've gathered bits and pieces of my life and thoughts and had them written in different places. I never really had a theme to anything, unless it was just talking about the kids, but I've decided that I would do a story about my specific situation. Hence the title of the blog..."The Pregnant Post-Doc".

What the heck does it all mean?

There are always challenges combining any career with being a parent. Narrowing it even further, there are challenges that women (of which I am one!) who are mothers (also!) that have chosen the field of science to get a Ph.D. in (that's me too!) and pursue employment as a post-doctoral fellow. In simple terms, I am a cancer researcher, working in a research lab, with a husband and two kids (thus far).

Where am I going with this?

There's some "different" concerns that might come up due to the specific nature of the work that I do, and in regards to where my career might be heading. Of course, there are other things that happen along the way...it isn't all about work!

Forgive me for the random nature of this blog in the start. I might be skipping back and forth in time, trying to piece together a cohesive story. Some of the things on my mind? My motivation? My stamina? My mood? Needs and wants?

So...here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!